Updated July 29, 2011 – Yari Moré was already a teenaged singing idol with a four-year professional career in his native Colombia and in Ecuador before he came to the United States in 1980. “I was brought to be the main singer for a group here,” said Moré, whose orchestra played Thursday at the Autry … Read more
What We AreTrading Posts is the Autry’s conversation with the public – members, museum-goers, history buffs and art mavens of all stripes – about the collections, people and events that contribute to the complex story of the West.
- The "Bonanza" Map: A Fictitious Place With Very Real Staying Power
- A "Burning Controversy" Around the Bonanza Map
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours at the Southwest Museum Allow a Peek at Conservation Effort
- Robert Temple Ayres, Creator of the Original Ponderosa Map on "Bonanza"
- James Arness, 'Gunsmoke's' Marshal Matt Dillon
- The New Colt Gallery: The Return of the Gatling Gun
- The Autry Welcomes Back Thomas Moran's "Mountain of the Holy Cross"
- Verma Nequatewa Looks to Her Teacher, Charles Loloma, for Inspiration
- Buck Brannaman, the Real Horse Whisperer
- Being "Out" in the West
TagsAfro-Latin music basketry Bonanza Brokeback Mountain California history charanga Charles Fletcher Lummis Chicano Chicano art Chitimacha Cuban music Day of the Dead Earth Day history history of technology Hollywood Hopi immigrant immigration Latin American Latin music LGBT Los Angeles music scene Los Angeles salsa scene Mexican Mexican American Mexico Miwok muralists Native American Native American art Navajo Paiute Pan-Indianism partisan politics salsa salsa dancing salsa music singing cowboys Siqueiros son Southwest Museum weaving and weavers Women of the West Zuni
- Our Summer Solstice celebration is this Friday night & we have a special deal for our soc media fans! Join us: facebook.com/events/4734613… 6 hours ago
- RT @LoreProduction: Summer Solstice at @TheAutry is this Friday! Xocoyote, a celebrated LA Aztec group will be joining us. http://t.co/aWhU… 2 days ago
- RT @KCET: Explore the Art Of the West with Frederic Remington, Georgia O'Keeffe, David Levinthal and others @TheAutry: http://t.co/BwZQJzH7… 2 days ago
- Virgil Ortiz discusses his movie script and desire to educate public re Pueblo revolt. 4 days ago
- Virgil Ortiz talks re process of making art (picking and boiling wild spinach is first step), vessel as canvas, and the influence of clubs. 4 days ago