Updated May 12 — As Californians — both voters and legislators — ponder how to balance the state’s budget, one of the most important questions to consider is whether and how to reform the state’s prison system. And to begin to decipher that question, says UCLA History Professor Michael Meranze, they should consider an even … Read more
What We AreTrading Posts is the Autry’s conversation with the public – members, museum-goers, history buffs and art mavens of all stripes – about the collections, people and events that contribute to the complex story of the West.
- The "Bonanza" Map: A Fictitious Place With Very Real Staying Power
- A "Burning Controversy" Around the Bonanza Map
- Tere Romo and a Seven-Year Quest for Art Along the Hyphen
- My Dad, Mr. Wyoming
- Michael Jackson: All This and the T-Shirt, Too
- A Window Into the Hopi Worldview
- We Didn't Get Trigger -- But We Got His Saddle!
- A Welcome Mat to View Some Very Special Scraps of Cloth
- Robert Temple Ayres, Creator of the Original Ponderosa Map on "Bonanza"
- Navajo Weaving: Celebrating a Disappearing Tradition
TagsAfro-Latin music basketry Bonanza Brokeback Mountain California history charanga Charles Fletcher Lummis Chicano Chicano art Chitimacha Cuban music Day of the Dead Earth Day history history of technology Hollywood Hopi immigrant immigration Latin American Latin music LGBT Los Angeles music scene Los Angeles salsa scene Mexican Mexican American Mexico Miwok muralists Native American Native American art Navajo Paiute Pan-Indianism partisan politics salsa salsa dancing salsa music singing cowboys Siqueiros son Southwest Museum weaving and weavers Women of the West Zuni
- We have a poet in our midst! Docent Suzanne Lummis is recognized for her beautiful work in Cultural Weekly: bit.ly/14T8Wbu #poetry 14 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peak of Art of the West, open 6/15: bit.ly/18d5zAH - Follow @autrydesign on IG for more behind-the-scenes! 15 hours ago
- RT @LA_autry: A rare Mexican comic book, a local educator and illustrator - and a mystery! Our latest blog: bit.ly/10pYPrM 1 day ago
- @WRHotDogs Looks delicious! Our Farmers Market is put on by @LACityFarm, lacityfarm.com :) 1 day ago
- LA at leading edge of Jewish life partly b/c of culture of people coming to LA to realize dreams, according to Rabbi Brous #IKAR #JLAM. 2 days ago