Posts by westernartgirl:
What We AreTrading Posts is the Autry’s conversation with the public – members, museum-goers, history buffs and art mavens of all stripes – about the collections, people and events that contribute to the complex story of the West.
- The "Bonanza" Map: A Fictitious Place With Very Real Staying Power
- A "Burning Controversy" Around the Bonanza Map
- Sandy Torres Finds Escaramuza Both a Tough and Ladylike Way to Do Rodeo
- John Bradley on American Indian Culture: Learn Everything
- Tere Romo and a Seven-Year Quest for Art Along the Hyphen
- Basketweaving Collaborative at the Autry
- Michael Jackson: All This and the T-Shirt, Too
- "Out West" Producer Gregory Hinton on Gay Teen Suicides
- A Showcase for Native American Art -- by Kids!
- Mona Simpson Negotiates the Nanny Chronicles in "My Hollywood"
TagsAfro-Latin music basketry Bonanza Brokeback Mountain California history charanga Charles Fletcher Lummis Chicano Chicano art Chitimacha Cuban music Day of the Dead Earth Day history history of technology Hollywood Hopi immigrant immigration Latin American Latin music LGBT Los Angeles music scene Los Angeles salsa scene Mexican Mexican American Mexico Miwok muralists Native American Native American art Navajo Paiute Pan-Indianism partisan politics salsa salsa dancing salsa music singing cowboys Siqueiros son Southwest Museum weaving and weavers Women of the West Zuni
- RT @LA_autry: A rare Mexican comic book, a local educator and illustrator - and a mystery! Our latest blog: bit.ly/10pYPrM 13 hours ago
- @WRHotDogs Looks delicious! Our Farmers Market is put on by @LACityFarm, lacityfarm.com :) 17 hours ago
- LA at leading edge of Jewish life partly b/c of culture of people coming to LA to realize dreams, according to Rabbi Brous #IKAR #JLAM. 1 day ago
- David Myers@UCLA NY of future, Jewish community will be largely Orthodox. LA Jewry requires many doors of entry. #JLAM 1 day ago
- What is unique to Jewish LA? @JanPerry You can do whatever you want: be communal or individual. 1 day ago